Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Royalty Free Images from Getty in Six Easy Steps



by Janie Reinart

To learn how to add the royalty free images, I started with a chat session on the Getty images site:

Welcome! You are now chatting with Kevin.

Kevin: Hello! How can I help you today?

Janie: Good morning!  I wanted information about using the royalty free (RF) embedded images on your site.

Kevin: If you are not using the image for marketing, advertising or promotion of a business you can take advantage of the embed feature.

Janie: So that means you do not pay for use, correct?

Kevin: correct

Janie: Do you need an account if you embed?

Kevin: You do need to register to use the embed feature.

Janie: Okay. Step one register and fill in the account info.

Kevin: If it is just a blog.  Just get it as close as possible for account info.

Janie: Thank you. Do you need to do anything with the RF photo other than embed the code.

Kevin: Just copy and paste.

Janie: Perfect. I can do that! Thank you, Kevin for taking the time to answer my questions.

Kevin: Thank you for chatting today.  We value your feedback.  

One page registration 

This is what the registration page looks like. I left my info on the second part of the registration. You can see my answers. The phone number I listed is a Google voice number that is free and keeps my personal cell number private.


 






Step Two
Use the drop down menu under Creative Images to search for royalty free images. Click on Royalty-free.


Step Three

Under search check the royalty free box, photography and illustration. 


Step Four
Type in the subject you are looking for in the search box.

 Step Five
I searched for hats. Look for this symbol. Click on the embed symbol, then copy and paste the code into your blog post.










Step Six 
Place your cursor in the spot you want the picture on your blog post. Paste the embed code of the photo in the HTML section of your blog draft and return to compose mode. Enjoy adding pictures to your blog posts!


14 comments:

  1. Great step-by-step info. Thanks, Janie. I'll try it soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Tina! The choices are abundant and beautiful .

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love resources for photos, but wonder if writer blogs would fall into the areas Kevin mentions "If you are not using the image for marketing, advertising or promotion of a business you can take advantage of the embed feature."

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Stacy, when I explained to Kevin that my usage was for a blog, he seemed fine with it.

      Delete
  4. Thanks, Janie! This is really helpful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Easy peasy, step by step instructions. Thank you, Janie for this resource.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are most welcome. Let me know how it goes :)

      Delete
  6. WOW! Good to know!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Did the GROG sign up for an account? Or does each author sign up for their own account with Getty?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Jackie, we do not have an account; each of us would have to sign up. Didn't think about making one account; good idea.

    ReplyDelete
  9. WOW! Greaaat workshop Janie. Thank you so much. (Have been on a more than 1,000 mile drive, family reunion, college graduation far from home. Catching up from not visiting as often at Group Blog as I would have liked in middle May.) A post I can't wait to share a lot.

    ReplyDelete