By Suzy Leopold
Summertime is for reading, writing, exploring, and discovering. It includes a somewhat slower pace with outings, travels, and vacations.
Many educators and students are returning to school this month. Others will hear the school bell ring in September. Soon students will read and write; learn and grow.
Let’s create a poetree—a cinquain about a tree.
|Welcome to the Illinois Prairie|
- Line 1: One word title, a noun that identifies your topic
- Line 2: Two adjectives that describe your topic
- Line 3: Three -ing verbs that describe action
- Line 4: A phrase that describes something about your topic
- Line 5: A noun that is a synonym or another way to name your topic
Sharing my example:
Growing, Cascading, Swaying
Many birds like to nest
|A Robin’s Nest in a Willow Tree|
Happy reading and writing.