1. Can you share a bit about the formation of the Nerdy Book Club?
Donalyn Miller, Colby Sharp, and Cindy Minnich are the founders of the Nerdy Book Club. You can read more about the Nerdy Book Club here.
2. How do you use social media to promote books?
Social media makes me a better librarian, a better reader, and a better advocate for children’s literature. I use Twitter and my blog (Watch. Connect. Read.) to provide a glimpse into my reading life. Both places allow me to share the books my students and I are excited about. If I am away from Twitter for more than twelve hours, I start feeling anxious. I need to share. I love to share.
3. How on earth do you fund all the give aways you offer on Twitter?
I love paying it forward. I personally fund 98% of the books I give away on Twitter and my blog. It is how I support the authors and the books I believe in.
4. What are you feeling passionate about right now?
If you follow me on Twitter or read my blog, you’ll see that I am feeling extra passionate about these five books right now.
1. Revolution by Deborah Wiles http://www.indiebound.org/book/9780545106078
2. A Snicker of Magic by Natalie Lloyd http://www.indiebound.org/book/9780545552707
3. Brown Girl Dreaming by Jacqueline Woodson http://www.indiebound.org/book/9780399252518
4. The Adventures of Beekle: The Unimaginary Friend by Dan Santat http://www.indiebound.org/book/9780316199988
5. Leroy Ninker Saddles Up by Kate DiCamillo; illustrated by Chris Van Dussen http://www.indiebound.org/book/9780763663391
Now, in your style, What should I have asked you about that I did not?
Todd, you should have asked me what children’s literature character I am taking on vacation this summer. The answer: I’m not sure yet! Look for an announcement on my blog in a few weeks. (Here is last year’s announcement: http://mrschureads.blogspot.com/2013/04/vote-for-2013-road-trip-mascot.html)