If we do some simple pre-planning strategies, we can limit the frustrations and cruise through the month of November like a sailboat on a calm sea. Here are some tips.
PiBoIdMo ~ Picture Book Idea Month
- PiBoIdMo - Get a calendar and jot down your ideas for PiBoIdMo. Write a title, character description, plot synopsis, setting, theme, or any detail that will enable you to draft a manuscript. jot down the word
- NaNoWriMo - Use a calendar to track word-count progress. For instance, if you add 1667-words for the day, add it to the previous day word-count. So according to NaNo standards, you should have 11, 669-words to date.
- So sit in a quiet place (Mine is the laundry room. No one does laundry during the week.) WRITE down your idea for PiBo.
- WRITE your new chapter for NaNo.
- WRITE your shopping list for Thanksgiving.
- Do not forget to take care of your family. Plan your writing around them. Make time to question their day.
- Walk With Them ~ Take a walk in the neighborhood.
- Cook their favorite meals.
- Help with homework, projects, spelling words.
- BREATHE! BREATHE! BREATHE!