Tuesday, March 11, 2014

How to Use Word Clouds Part Two: Tagxedo

So, you know how to make a word cloud, but now you are going to learn how to take that up a few notches.  The key feature that makes Tagxedo different from Wordle is that you can customize how the words are laid out.  For example: 





If you want more, there is an absolutely mind blowing set of tutorials by Hardy Leung.  They will blow your mind!  HERE is the link.  It goes into detail about how to use the advanced tools and shows you exactly how to make portrait like images that I shared at the top of the tutorial. 

If you would like to have this full tutorial, HERE is the PDF  I hope that you will consider using Tagxedo to create your own beautiful graphic design!




7 comments:

  1. Amazing, Todd. So glad to know about this tool!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Kathy! I love this tool. I've been using it for a few years and it just keeps on getting better. You can literally order t-shirts, mouse pads, and whatever else you might want with your design. One of the most exciting developments recently is that you can tailor the colors to match your design. Those 'advanced' tips are found in the stunning 108 ways to use Tagxedo document that I linked in the article. It is phenomenal! I highly recommend reading it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So many outstanding ideas and tools you continue to share with us, Todd.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! Todd that was amazing! Love the shapes. Talk about your concrete poems!
    I look forward to trying this out and sharing with students and my grandkids! Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the butterfly! I'll have to try this with my 6th gr daughter. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Can't wait to try this out. A new "toy" to play with! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I need you to make house calls, Todd! I worked on this for quite awhile tonight and created some wonderful images, but not one would save to my computer!! Tried using Safari, Firefox and Google and no luck. :(

    ReplyDelete