Why are we doing this? The answer is simple. It is for YOU – the writers, librarians, teachers, and lovers of books -- especially books for young readers. The GROG is fueled by writers who collaborate to bring you information and resources which will enable you to maneuver the “writing world.” Our GROG will help you grow and become a better writer. We are sharing with you what we are learning, and we are learning from some of the best – Tara Lazar, Kristen McGill Fulton, Dianna Aston, Nancy I. Sanders, and others.
- Jan Godown Annino: wrote the award winning book, She Sang Promise: The Story of Betty Mae Jumper, Seminole Tribal Leader.
- Tina Wheatcraft Cho: is the author of 25 guided reading books, a coloring book, and has three forthcoming books from Legacy Press Kids.
- Christy Mihaly: has published articles and stories in children’s magazines, is a lawyer and volunteer educator, and is writing books for children, from picture books to middle grade.
- Sherri Jones Rivers: is a former English and drama teacher who has published children’s poems and puzzles. She loves rhyme and has written over two-hundred personal poems.
- Patricia Toht: is a former children’s bookstore owner, author, and poet.
- Marcie Flinchum Atkins: can teach you all you need to know about using Mentor Texts in your writing.
- Leslie Colin Tribble: is our on-staff “Nature Expert.”
- Pam Vaughn: Pam is our staff sports specialist. Leader, team builder, motivator, writes PB and MG.
- Suzy Leopold: is an educator who reads and writes with students everyday. She is a writer and a creative painter.
- Janie Reinart:encourages everyone to experience the joy of writing. Her publications include educational and adult nonfiction books, articles, and preschool workbooks.
- Todd Burleson: is one of our resident children’s librarian and technology wizard.
- Kathy Halsey: is our other children’s librarian/writer who can help you find the right book or direct you to great online resources.
- Cheryl Mansfield: loves writing middle grade books and picture books.
- Jackie Wellington: loves writing and researching.
The GROG is a true “melting pot,” a variety of writers who can help you add flavor to your writing life. We want you to know that WE HAVE ARRIVED, and we need your support to keep providing you the resources you’ll need on your publishing journey.
- Our Grog celebration runs from March 24 – April 7, 2014.
GROG Launch from Todd Burleson on Vimeo.
- Anyone can join! To participate just sign up in the comments section by leaving a comment and your name each day beginning 3/24. This will earn you one entry in the drawing.
- To earn extra entries Tweet about the Grog (@GROG_writers) Use #GrogLaunch and mention us on your Facebook page. Facebook = 1 entry. Twitter = 1 entry.
- If you want to earn 2 entries in the drawing, blog about our launch party. Include a direct link of the post to our blog - http://groggorg.blogspot.com/, and post the link on our Facebook page - https://www.facebook.com/GROG.writers. If you don’t have a site, you can spread the word on Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr or any other ways via socialmedia. Just remind us, so we can include your entry in the drawing.
- Feel free to re-blog our post.
- You know the math! The more entries you earn, the better chance of winning.
- All you need to do is visit http://groggorg.blogspot.com/ daily from March 24, 2014 to April 7, 2014. Read the posts. Leave a comment and your name. Blog, tweet, and post on Facebook each day about our GROG blog entries, and then and show up at our GROG Launch Party, for many fabulous prizes on April 7th.
Wow! What an awesome team we are. Thank you Todd, Kathy, Jackie, Tina, Jan, Patricia, Sherri, Pam, Marcy, Leslie, Janie, Christi and Cheryl. Hip, hip, hooray! Let's get this party started!ReplyDelete
Party on writing peeps! Turn up the volume and let's dance!Delete
Happy Grog Launch! Good Luck. And thanks for the generous giveaway!ReplyDelete
Thanks for you coming over and supporting us. It is appreciated. :DDelete
Fingers crossed you win a prize! Party on!
Looks great Groggers! What a fabulous group of people. Can't wait to see what you dish up!ReplyDelete
Thank, Heather. We have a lot of things going on and a lot of information. Please consider doing a blog post on the picture book agent list that you have created. The group would be grateful to you for sharing that information.Delete
Glad you stopped by. It would be lovely if you would do a post!
WOW! Looking forward to your party! Love the list of prizes.ReplyDelete
Thanks Mona, now don't forget to visit daily and rack up on those entries.Delete
It is exciting! Hope you win a prize! Happy to meet you.
Happy GROG to you! Just shared this post on my Facebook.ReplyDelete
Thanks Beth. You have been a true supporter and we are so grateful. :DDelete
Beth you rock! Thank you.Delete
I think I'll like this GROG!!ReplyDelete
Welcome! Watch for some wonderful posts from the team!
Sounds amazing--great team!ReplyDelete
Party time! Thanks for dancing over! :)Delete
What a lineup! TEAM GROG rocks!ReplyDelete
Thanks for coming to the party. I've had the opportunity to travel to France twice singing in my church choir. Great to meet you.
Fantastic line up! Lots of talented and brilliant team members.ReplyDelete
How lovely that you said brilliant! We will try and run with that!
this sounds like something I should be involved in :) I will reread before the 24th and blog tweet and fb until my fingers are soreReplyDelete
Yeah! May the raffle prize fairy gift you with a fabulous prize!!
Congratulations Gronklings on pulling together a fabulous blog launch party!ReplyDelete
Cathy, happy you stopped by!ReplyDelete
Sounds great! Can't wait to see what you have in store for us.ReplyDelete
Get ready to party! We have lots of exciting ideas to share!
Wonderful prizes and any excuse for a party works for me. :)ReplyDelete
B L, thanks for joining the party!ReplyDelete
I'm always up for a party, and this one sounds like a blast! :) Can't wait to keep reading.....ReplyDelete
Verbenabeth, welcome! Glad you came to the party!Delete
looking forward to reading the articles and being a part of the party.ReplyDelete
Sharon lane holm
Yeah! We are glad you are part of the party too!
I am looking forward to reading the articles! :)ReplyDelete
How lovely that you came to the party!
I'm all aboard the GROG train! Toot Toot! So looking forward to your posts!ReplyDelete
Thanks C.L.Murphy, so glad you jumped on ! Welcome.Delete
I like Cathy's "Gronklings" - reminds me of the Inklings... So sweet to see all these thots.ReplyDelete
OK, a bit late for the party, but better late than never, right? Looks like you already have some awesome posts already, and I am looking forward to reading them.ReplyDelete
Linda, you are at the right place. So glad you stopped by.Delete
Congratulations, one and all! It's a joy to know some of you and best wishes with your new blog!!!ReplyDelete
Thank you, Nancy!Delete
BIG congrats on this blog! Lots of great takeaway and prizes! (I love prizes!)ReplyDelete
Blogger! *raises fist in the air* Won't let me comment through my Wordpress ID!
Cathy, I love prizes too! Good luck and may you win big!Delete
There are so many people here I respect and listen to. Thanks for putting all their wisdom in one convenient spot (OK, maybe not ALL their wisdom). May Grog live long and prosper.ReplyDelete
Thanks, Joanne. Metaphors be with you!ReplyDelete
Wow! What a terrific Group Blog & a Fun Contest! I'll admit this is my first visit to your blog, but I look forward to reading more about such a great group of dedicated children's writers! :) AbigailReplyDelete
Abigail, It's a party! Join the dancing and have fun!ReplyDelete